If your cat or dog has cancer and you can’t afford treatment, you are not alone. A great many people are in this same situation. Magic Bullet Fund gets many applications and we have to make very hard decisions. We would like to help all of the families who apply, but we cannot.
Assistance is for cancer treatment including surgery or chemotherapy only. The fund operates only in the U.S. The fund does not raise donations for experimental treatment or clinical trials. The fund does not provide assistance for other conditions, for treatment that has already been done, for cancer treatment after the first course of treatment has failed, for palliative care, or for euthanasia.
We process applications as quickly as possible. Generally, there is a 1-week to 2-week waiting time after we have received your application and all financial information. The waiting time depends on our ability to collect information from your clinic.
Magic Bullet Fund does not offer assistance for the following:
- Hemangiosarcoma, unless it is cutaneous hemangiosarcoma
- Chemo for osteosarcoma in a limb. We do accept applications for amputation surgery, but not for chemotherapy
- Relapsed lymphoma: If the pet was in remission but has come out of remission
- Radiation therapy: We raise funds only for surgery or chemotherapy
- Mammary cancer: If a female pet is 4 years or older, and she has not been spayed, we cannot help
ALL of the following must be true:
- You are the pet’s primary caretaker and owner and the person who pays for the pet’s medical care
- A veterinarian has diagnosed your pet with cancer (we DO accept applications when a mass must be removed but cannot be diagnosed without surgery)
- Your pet has been seen by the vet who will provide cancer treatment
- You gave that vet permission to speak to Magic Bullet Fund about your pet
Age/weight limits for dogs:
- Dogs up to 40 pounds must be 11 or younger
- Dogs 40 to 80 pounds must be 10 or younger
- Dogs 80 to 100 pounds must be 9 or younger
- Dogs over 100 pounds must be 8 or younger
Age limit for cats:
- Cats must be 15 or younger
Have the following documents ready to send us before you click “Apply.”
- 1040 from most recently filed tax return, and/or Disability letter or SSI letter
- Last month’s bank statement (all accounts in your name)
- An estimate from your clinic for surgery or chemo you are seeking help for
- Anything else you have that will help us determine that you need our help… foreclosure letter, bankruptcy letter, etc.
** Do not assume that Magic Bullet Fund will be able to offer assistance! Also apply to other organizations here.
** If your pet is in need of medical care, provide that care to the best of your ability while waiting for a response.
** Be sure to read How it Works page before applying **