If your dog has cancer and you can’t afford treatment, you are not alone. A great many people are in this same situation. Magic Bullet Fund gets many applications and we have to make very hard decisions. We would like to help all of the dogs and all of the families who apply but we cannot.
Assistance is for cancer treatment fees only and for dogs only. The fund operates only in the U.S.A.
The fund does not raise donations for dogs to have experimental treatment or clinical trials. The fund does not provide assistance for other conditions, for treatment that has already been done, for cancer treatment after the first course of treatment and one rescue protocol has failed, for palliative care, or for euthanasia.
We process applications as quickly as possible. Generally, there is a 1-week to 2-week waiting time after we have received your application and all financial information. The waiting time depends on our ability to collect information from your clinic.
Magic Bullet Fund does not offer assistance for:
- Hemangiosarcoma (unless it is cutaneous hemangiosarcoma)
- Chemotherapy after amputation for a dog with bone cancer in a limb
(We do accept applications for amputation surgery, but not for chemo)
- Relapsed lymphoma (if the dog has had a remission and relapsed)
- Radiation therapy
- Mammary cancer if you have a female dog 4 years old or more, and she has not been spayed.
ALL of the following must be true:
- You are the dog’s primary caretaker and owner and the person who pays for the dog’s medical care
- A veterinarian has diagnosed your dog with cancer (we DO accept applications when a mass must be removed but cannot be diagnosed without surgery)
- Your dog has been seen by the vet who will provide cancer treatment
- You gave that vet permission to speak to Magic Bullet Fund about your dog
Your dog is within the age/weight limits below
- Dogs 0 to 40 pounds must be 11 or younger
- Dogs 40 to 80 pounds must be 10 or younger
- Dogs 80 to 100 pounds must be 9 or younger
- Dogs over 100 pounds must be 8 or younger
Do not send an application unless you have the following documents ready to send us
- 1040 from most recently filed tax return, or Disability letter/stub or SSI letter/stub
- Last month’s bank statement
- Anything to help us determine that you need our help… foreclosure letter, bankruptcy letter, etc.
Apply for Assistance